Ordering from Ja, Wol is like knitting a sweater, sometimes it's so much faster then you expect but sometimes it takes more time. The end result in any case is sooo warm and beautiful.
Packages are shipped once a week. Yes. Only once. In addition to the webshop our Brick and Mortar shop is open two days a week and our needle craft school is running weeknights and in the weekend.
Ja, Wol's reputation is growing but at Ja, Wol we work with a very small team. On a daily basis it's basically just one person at work.
When we sent the packages on Friday some people will get their order THE SAME DAY!
OUR FURTHEST ORDER EVER CAME FROM NEW CALEDONIA!
The closest we ever delivered a package was just a few blocks away. It would have been faster to walk there myself tbh.
We were the first LYS in the Netherlands to ship and deliver our orders and packages with sustainable and super fast bike messengers to customers that live in the Netherlands and especially in areas where bike messengers rule the roads.
(this is a big but... hehehe)
There a three reasons why your package might be a bit slower:
1. YOU'VE ORDERED SOMETHING THAT IS OUT OF STOCK
Some of our yarns are marked 'available at all times'. This is because we can order them in quite fast. This is always mentioned in the text next to the product. But yeah, people do not always read. Did you? Be honest! ;-)
When we have to order in your order we'll keep you updated as much as we can so you know what to expect. At the far end of the chain we are sometimes waiting just as eagerly as you are. And get as frustrated as you do! Really!
2. WE MESSED UP
Yep, we are not perfect. Not even close. With all our best intentions, all our spread sheats and to do lists and heaps of positive vibes we still sometimes mess up.
- Sometimes there are products listed as available while in fact they are not (counting is hard and adding the right item to the cash register can be tricky too, it seems).
- Sometimes we forget to pack a product. So stupid! But it has happened.
- One time we mixed up two adreses (but just that one time I swear).
But at all times we pack our products lovingly and spend time making it a personal experience. We hope you feel spoiled when you open your package. Even though you paid for it yourself...
3. YOU ORDERED JUST AFTER THE BIKE MESSENGER PICK UP (that sounds interesting...)
At 11:00 AM we sent all packages out. If you order after 10:30 AM your order will be sent with the next batch. It really sucks, but that's a week later.
IF YOU WANT YOUR ORDER FAST:
- Read all of this info here and plan accordingly but keep a bit of space for our small team and well meant efforts.
- Check in with us via firstname.lastname@example.org to get a current status update.
- Take five minutes (the world will still spin) and give this here a thought:
"At the end of the day we can endure much more than we think we can."
After all, it's just knitting...