Rauma - Alpakka Lin
Alpakka Lin is a new yarn from Norwegian spinnery Rauma.
I knitted a swatch in the round, the ball never seemed to end and I loved knitting with it. I kept going and made it into quite the snuggly cowl. I loved it and had to get some for the shop. It is so fluffy and soft and warm.
Make an amazing scarf with only 4 balls!
It wil be a nice and economical substitute for plotulopi/mohair silk threads held together. Like in Melody Hoffman's latest pattern: The Forager
© Melody Hoffmann
Rauma heeft ook een magazine met mooie basics in deze draad. Klik door om hier te bekijken.
It is a very soft yarn consisting of brushed alpaca with a linen thread. The yarn is super lightweight (one ball is enough to knit a cowl or a hat).
It is a thin yarn but with a lot of fluff so you can knit it with a larger needle. Much like a mohair silk blend.
- Material: 48% baby alpaca + 44% linen and 8% wool
- Een streng: 175 m (191yd)/ 50 gram (1,7 oz)
- Weight: aran
- Gauge: 18-16 st = 10 cm
- Needle size: 3 - 4,5 mm / 2 - 7 US
- Wash: Handwas, plat laten drogen
- Keep in mind that colours on different screens look different.