In this episode we’re flipping things around. Kathleen Kettles, one of the most enthusiastic members of the Ja, Wol community and a podcaster herself is interviewing me.
Her podcast ‘In conversation with Kathleen’ is all about how her guests define success. I was invited and I loved the atmosphere of this conversation so much that I wanted to share it with you as well.
If you're struggling to get your work done, if you don't know how to find balance and where to go next in your business, I hope you'll find this conversation inspiring. The main topic is my motto, “Progress over Perfection”, and we'll be discussing the importance of embracing imperfection and focusing on progress rather than perfection.
It's easy to get caught up in striving for the perfect everything in all areas of our life, But it can it can lead to anxiety, self-doubt, and inaction. , instead we'll be exploring ways to take action towards our goals, even if it means making mistakes along the way. . We'll discuss the value of surrounding ourselves with a supportive community, celebrating our accomplishments, and being proud of how far we've come, even if the journey was difficult.
Additionally, we'll dive into the impact that we can have on others by sharing our knowledge and experiences and being open to learning from them as well.
I get a little bit more personal in this one, so I hope you like that. Grab your yarn, your needles or your dog or your laundry or whatever you wanna do, and enjoy our talk.
MAIN TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Success can be defined in many forms, not just in terms of business. For Saskia, success also means being able to have open communication with her teens and supporting them as a parent.
- Saskia's main obstacle has been herself, particularly her internal dialogue. She has found that crafting, exercise, and taking action instead of ruminating have helped her quiet her mind.
- Conscious living involves being mindful of the choices we make, not just for crafting, but also for food and clothing. It's important to think about fair labor practices and sustainability.
- Saskia believes in being messy and not striving for perfection, which can lead to procrastination. Taking action and getting things done can help you grow faster.
- Mindfulness is key to Saskia's success, both in her personal life and her business. She listens to her gut, heart, and head when making decisions, and takes time to care for herself with exercise, crafting, and learning.
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
- "Success to me is when my teenager or when my teenagers share their feelings with me as a parent, because that makes it possible for me to support them in the best way that I can."
- "Going back to your body and listening to it is something that I've taken very seriously in the last couple of years."
LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
CONNECT TO KATHLEEN
TRANSCRIPTS & CHAPTER MARKERS