What are your favourite warm weather outfits? Are you looking forward to wearing them again? Getting rid of all the layers.
I have four questions for you:
1. Are you dreading the heat because your outfits don't seem to breathe?
2. Are you usually comfortable outside but cold in airconditioned spaces?
3. Will you be shopping the high street for a new warm weather look?
4. Or... wil you be swapping or even making some of it?
.... I'm pausing here. Just giving you a minute to let that sink in.
One of the key elements of a more consciously curated and created closet is to take away spontaneous buys and SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!
I'm grabbing your sweater/Tshirt/both and pulling you close up to me, looking you straight in the eyes (you could tone down on that company coffee btw), it's 2023, I don't need to tell you about the state of the world, but I am going to remind you that the fashion industry is the second most polluting industry in the world. On top of that, it doesn't take great care of it's workers and animals either.
Ok. Breathe out. I'm letting go of you now.
Before you go shopping the high street throwing your money around, I'm going to inspire you to take a moment and consider a different way of looking at your outfits for the upcoming summer. And your spare time and holiday outfits for that matter.
Having a moment in your calendar where you look at what you have with focus and attention is the easiest way to get started.
It’s not about cleaning the slate and starting over. It’s about re-focussing and re-directing your intentions for your wardrobe. Anyone can do that.
Also, it’s seriously fun to get to know yourself on this deeper level, turn on your creative switch and make a difference by showing up and taking action instead of mindlessly pulling 'fashion' of the racks.
Saving the world by changing the way you look at dressing yourself? That’s a drop on a hot plate right? I don’t think so. It’s ripples… turning into waves!!
I tell you, this process … it’s addictive and contagious. You’ll start sharing and showing your transformation and you will inspire others to do the same.
You won’t make easy money or lose weight but YOU WILL TRANSFORM in ways you can’t oversee yet. You’re just going to have to experience it but it will start with your wardrobe and trickle into other parts of your life.
So let’s put that date in your calendar and start the warm weather season off the right way.
SO HOW DO I TURN INTO THIS CONSCIOUS CURATOR AND/OR CREATOR YOU SAY...
Well, I’m inviting you to our Wardrobe Planning Workshop on Wednesday March 8th.
Leigh Metcalf (guest in this week’s podcast episode, #55) is going to be our guide in answering the question; What to create (or curate) next?
So let’s have some friggin fun while we save the planet and look amazing doing it!
And if you can’t or won’t attend our online workshop, and you honestly think you’ll make time to do this by yourself (…)
these are the
3 Big ideas behind the wardrobe planning workshop.
Courtesy of Leigh Metcalf.
- The first big idea behind this is that your current clothes, the way you get dressed and how you feel when you're getting dressed become the compass that leads you directly to what to make.
- The second big idea behind this is when you ask yourself specific questions as you're getting dressed, the a plan will begin to reveal itself without needing to turn to any other process outside your closet.
- The third big idea is that if you create a tool--your wardrobe magnets in this case--to make this process faster, easier and even more fun, you'll do it more often and have better results.
WHATEVER YOU DO... Just don’t go on a shopping spree before you get intentional. That’s a big change already! You can do it. I know you can!
PS If you want to get to know your guide, Leigh is my guest on this weeks episode of A Smaller Life Podcast she's talking about how she pivoted her business from a sewing studio that sold stuff into an online community that focusses on knowledge, connection and skill.
🎧 LISTEN HERE and on all the platforms.
PPS Go ahead... join us 👇