In this episode, podcast hosts Zoe Edwards of Check Your Thread and myself discuss how we approach our podcasts and how we make it work for our businesses. We talk about how we’ve shifted our focus over time and how our podcasts have evolved along with our businesses. We also discuss advertising and how it may or may not fit into our podcast and business models. And… there’s a big change a-commin’. I will reveal all in this episode.
Zoe, Grace (a Business Circle Member and owner of Beyond Measure) and me when we all met up at the Easter weekend in Rotterdam.
We mainly discuss the evolution of our podcasts, emphasising the importance of knowing our target audience and creating content specifically for them. We also discuss the value of personal connections with listeners and the power of podcasting as a medium.
Zoe and myself have different outtakes on monetisation and advertising, but we both keep our customers in mind. While Zoe expresses discomfort with advertising, I suggests that promoting businesses that make better decisions may be a good way to support those businesses and monetise the podcast, in turn supporting my own business.
We also discuss the idea of adding additional resources and elements to their podcasts, including the possibility of creating other business ventures or programs.
MAIN TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Know your target audience and create content specifically for them.
- Personal connections with listeners are key to a successful podcast.
- There are different approaches to monetisation and advertising, and it's important to find what works for you and your audience.
- Podcasting is a powerful medium for creating intimate connections with listeners.
- Adding additional resources and elements to a podcast can help to monetise the podcast and provide more value to listeners.
- Learning who your audience is, what they need and how you can help them in the best ways requires you to be flexible and evolve your podcast over time.
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
- "I think people like to engage with their passion in multiple different ways." - Zoe
- "I don't want to be compromised in that way." - Zoe on advertising
- "It's always going to be a podcast as the focus, but I'm excited to add other elements." - Zoe
- "It's a balance between being authentic and also being able to support yourself." - Saskia
- "It's really important to be able to create connections with people and to have that community aspect." - Zoe
- "It's about finding a balance between providing value and also being able to sustain your own business or your own podcast." - Saskia
LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
Use my Flodesk 50% off DISCOUNT CODE
DOWNLOAD the Core Focus Compass HERE This tool can answer your most burning questions you have around running your business.
CONNECT TO ZOE
Zoe can be found at Check Your Thread
GET IN TOUCH!
I would absolutely LOVE to hear your thoughts, ideas and questions. This podcast is made for YOU and this is the way that we keep in touch. It's easy, just push the button on the right side of this page and leave a voice message. Or simply send an email to email@example.com.
TRANSCRIPTS & CHAPTER MARKERS
Go HERE to find the podcast in text and scan through and the topics we discuss fast. The transcript isn't edited so there might be a few weird words and sentences. When the podcast grows (Become a Patron!) I can pay someone to put some hours into that and make it even more accessible.
Thanks for listening, I really appreciate you choosing to spend your time with me and my guests! Do you want to get a reminder in your mailbox each time a new episode comes out?
SIGN UP here.
✄ ✄ ✄
Have a question? Want to offer your opinion? Have an idea for a guest or topic?Click the voicemail tab on the right, ☞ ☞ ☞ ☞ I'd love to hear from you!
☞ PATREON SUPPORT by becoming a patron here and Pay-What-You-Can.
☞ SUBSCRIBE TO THE BUSINESS CIRCLE
☞ SUBSCRIBE TO THE [Journey to Wardrobe Consciousness](http://jawolcommunity.com%20/) Membership
☞ NO BUDGET SUPPORT
Simply rate, review and subscribe to the podcast. Or point a friend in our direction!