The dynamic conversation on Pattern Shift today takes you on a journey through the intersections of creativity and business with Saskia de Feijter, host of the Pattern Shift Podcast, and Mark Steadman, host of Creative Workflows. Saskia and Mark explore the delicate dance between creativity and entrepreneurship, helping you understand how to balance both worlds effectively.
They encourage creative thinkers and business owners to embrace their individuality, urging you to "let your weird into your business." Rather than hiding behind a polished facade, reveal your true self and infuse your brand with authenticity. As Mark aptly puts it, it's about letting your creativity shine through, not just your professionalism. This authenticity and the power of storytelling can help you build genuine connections with your audience.
Saskia shares her mission to support businesses in the textile craft and slow fashion industry against the tide of fast fashion. She emphasizes the importance of a healthy money mindset, urging creative entrepreneurs to charge fair prices for their products and services without feeling "icky" about it. Mark, a musician and creativity enthusiast, underscores the significance of making incremental changes and taking your time when transitioning from a creative hobbyist to a professional.
- Embrace Your Uniqueness: Don't be afraid to show your true self in your business. Let your individuality and "weird" shine through; it's what sets you apart.
- Storytelling Matters: Telling your story authentically can create powerful connections with your audience and potential customers.
- Take Your Time: Transitioning from a creative hobby to a creative business doesn't need to happen overnight. Make gradual, sustainable changes.
- Healthy Money Mindset: Charge fair prices for your creative work, and understand that money is essential to keep your business running.
- Incremental Growth: Expanding your creative endeavors should be a gradual process. Focus on maintaining your passion and authenticity.
- "Lean into your creativity and don't be afraid of the business aspects." - Saskia de Feijter
- "Let your weird into your business." - Mark Steadman
- "Show who you are and the real you, because you're different from those big brands." - Saskia de Feijter
GET IN TOUCH!
I would absolutely LOVE to hear your thoughts, ideas and questions. This podcast is made for YOU and this is the way that we keep in touch. It's easy, just push the button on the right side of this page and leave a voice message. Or simply leave a comment below.
Episode idea, production, artwork, interviews by Saskia de Feijter
Episode edited by Niall Mackay
TRANSCRIPTS & CHAPTER MARKERS
Go HERE to find the podcast in text and scan through and the topics we discuss fast.
Thanks for listening, I really appreciate you choosing to spend your time with me and my guests!
Production Saskia de Feijter
Artwork by Saskia de Feijter
Episode edited by Niall Mackay
Music by Jonathan Boyle
Webpage Design Saskia de Feijter
LISTEN ON YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST PLATFORM HERE!
☆☆☆ EARLY BIRD PRICES ☆☆☆
☞ GET BI-WEEKLY ACTIONABLE BUSINESS TIPS AND INSIGHTS ☜that actually help you move your business forward☆ SIGN UP HERE! ☆☞ GET EPISODE UPDATES ☜☆ SIGN UP HERE! ☆☞ FIND OTHER BUSINESS OWNERS IN OUR COMMUNITY SPACE ☜☆JOIN THE CONVERSATION☆